If you want a change from the hustle and bustle of everyday life or find a 'bolt hole' where you can unwind Higher Kingcombe Lodge offers that opportunity.
- As mobile reception can be patchy in Dorset the following directions will help you plan in advance your route to Higher Kingcombe Lodge. Post Code DT2 0EH You may find it useful to print this page.
- Directions from Dorchester:
Take the A37 towards Yeovil.
As you leave the village of Grimstone turn left onto the A356 and continue through the villages of Frampton and Maiden Newton.
- Driving through and out of Maiden Newton, go over the old railway bridge, ignore the left turning for Toller Fratrum and continue up the steep hill.
- Ignore the next left turning for Toller Porcorum (from here do not use your Sat Nav)
- Continue past turning on the left and the right hand turning.
- As you pass an entrance on your left slow down as the crossroads turning for Higher Kingcombe appears sharply.
- Turn left here for Kingcombe and Powerstock. **This is a narrow lane with sharp bends. Follow for about a mile until you come to a crossroads at the bottom of the hill. Turn left and we are the third property on your right.**
- Directions from Yeovil:
- Take the A37 towards Dorchester.
- Turn right for Holywell and Evershot (B3163)
- Drive through Evershot village and when you reach a major cross roads turn left onto A356.
- Take the second turning on your right signposted to Higher Kingcombe/Powerstock. Follow ** to ** above.
- From the West: Navigate to Bridport on A35.
- At the eastern end of the A 35 Bridport bypass, take the A3066 exit signposted Beaminster for 6 miles.
- As you enter the town, turn tight onto the B3163 for just over a mile before turning right onto a single track lane signposted to Hooke.
- From this point the highway becomes very narrow (with high hedges), proceed with caution and be prepared to use passing places to permit oncoming vehicles to pass.
- Follow signs for Hooke until you reach the village centre.
- Pass the Parish Church on your left and continue straight on for Kingcombe about 1 mile.
- Go over a small crossroads.
- Higher Kingcombe Lodge will be the third property on your right and take left turning on the driveway.